Wow, it’s been a long time since I have posted. We have been on the road full time now for about 3 weeks. Admittedly it started off a bit rough until we sort of found our groove, but things are finally settling down. For all the fun we have had on our new adventure, we have certainly had some challenges along the way.
First, some more pics of our conversion:
Sadie testing out the supports on the new bunk frame.
Elijah pitched in and worked on painting the various colored stripes he wanted in his “Bat Cave” bunk.
Me, framing out the spot for the VESA mount and new flat screen where the old CRT TV was in the front of the coach. Adding flat screens in instead of CRT’s served two purposes. First, CRT’s suck and why would I want those in our RV
More importantly, dropping weight in the RV anywhere and everywhere you can is critical, and those old Tube TV’s are super heavy. It’s a win-win which is why I pulled out the one from the front and the rear of the RV.
Yeah, these next two pictures definitely suck, but it’s hard to capture good pictures in a narrow space.
At this point we have done all of the remodeling efforts, and are really just finalizing some of our technology solutions and our Veg oil conversion. At this point via sponsorship from JefaTech Solutions, I have installed a WiFi booster antenna connected to the Batwing antenna on the roof. This antenna runs to a customized router inside the RV that then serves to “repeat” wireless Access points it finds. The antenna we have boosts the range for picking up Access points by up to 1 mile. Another sponsored product we received was a SOHO amplifier kit (from Wilson Electronics) that utilizes an external antenna, and internal antenna, and an amplifier in order to boost 3G data and voice signals four our phones. This product looks amazing, however I have not been able to quite get mine implemented correctly yet. I hope to have this rectified soon.